Thursday, July 3, 2008

Norway Summer 2005

The is the house in Ana Sira that my Great-great-grandfather helped build.

This is the fjord at Ana Sira.


This picture was taken outside of the house we stayed in.

Alexander, Magne, Ranveig, Solveig, Ane, and Arne.

This is me with Ranveig and Arne; Ane's grandparents.

Early one morning, Arne caught some crabs in the fjord, so Ranveig woke us up to see them.
We had them for dinner that night.

One of my favorite pictures...


Arne at Ana Sira.


Solveig, Ranveig, and Ane.


Ane and Minni.
Ane and I have the same Great-great-great grandparents. Minni is her dog.

This is just one of the beautiful sculptures at Vigeland Park in Oslo.


The Royal Palace in Oslo.

Some scenery on the lake where they lived in Aremark.


A big black slug. Isn't he cute?

Beautiful Ana Sira, where my Great-great grandparents and Great grandmother came from.


Ane, Toralf, and Solveig with gifts from Red Wing. (Yes that is a football)


A view of the city of Halden from an old fort.


Me on a fjord horse.



We had so much fun riding. We even did some jumping.



I had so much fun in Norway. Ane turned 18 this year so she came to visit us. I'll put pictures of her stay up soon.
Thank you so much to Solveigh, Toralf, and Ane for having me.

1 comment:

Ben and Robyn said...

Cool pictures - I never saw them in '05. See, I obsessively check your blog daily! Enjoy your last weekend on home soil...good luck in your travels next week.
Robyn