Sunday, January 25, 2009

Jason's Visit To Australia

Greetings from Australia! Jason has been back home in Wisconsin for almost two weeks now. I miss him so much. We had a great time. We went to the Twelve Apostles and it was a gorgeous day. We also went to the Loch Ard Gorge. The Whitsunday Islands were a blast! We SCUBA dived on the Great Barrier Reef as well as on a fringing reef where we saw a huge Napoleon wrasse. I still need to get underwater pictures from Amy. The highlight, of course, was Jason's proposal. Here are just a few pictures from his time here.


Jason and I at the Loch Ard Gorge.



Jason at Whitehaven Beach. It is ranked among the top ten beaches in the world. It has pure white silica sand. Nice.
We had to wear stinger suits in the water though because of jellyfish.



Jason and I with kittens that were at the house we had Christmas tea at.



Hardy Reef from Reefworld which is a big pontoon where we spent the day in the Great Barrier Reef.



Mantaray Bay where we did some amazing diving and snorkeling. It is also where we saw the Napoleon wrasse.



Jason at the Twelve Apostles.



Jason and Amy at the dinner Table. We had Christmas lunch at Anne's house with her sister-in-law and some friends. We met her through church. We had a great time.



A giant grouper that lived on Hardy Reef on the Great Barrier Reef.



Whitehaven Beach from a lookout.



Jason and one of the displays on the "Around Australia Mini Golf Course" on Daydream Island.



Jason and Loch Ard Gorge beach.



Jason at Hardy Reef.



A Gentoo Penguin at the Melbourne Aquarium.



Jason and I at the Twelve Apostles.



Jason enjoying his first day at the beach in Warrnambool.



Jason and I at the Rotary Club's Christmas Dinner.



Jason with a Gentoo Penguin at the Melbourne Aquarium.



Some fish on the Great Barrier Reef.

I will have more pictures up in a little while. Also, I reduced the quality of these pictures in order to get them to upload, just keep them in mind if you choose to print them.

Miss you all and love you!

No comments: